Rouse Rehab Outpatient Clinic offers specialized Speech-Language services for all ages from pediatric to geriatric. The Speech Therapist provides evaluations and treatments following a referral from your physician.
Pediatric Speech Services
Therapy is provided with creativity and fun where children can achieve their goals and reach their fullest potential. Family education is an important part of the process. The therapist will teach you how to bring strategies home and advance towards your child's goals.
- Developmental delays
- Language delays
- Articulation and motor speech disorders (Apraxia, Dyspraxia,and Dysarthria)
- Pragmatic language disorders
- Auditory processing
- Cognitive and Attention impairments
- Literacy and Pre-Literacy issues (reading)
- Neurological (Cerebral Palsy, Traumatic Brain Injury, etc.)
- Feeding, Swallowing, and Oral-Motor Difficulties
Adult Speech Services
- Stroke/Brain Injuries
- Impairment or absence of comprehension or communication skills due to injury of the brain.
- Inability to execute purposeful and coordinated movements even though muscular strength and mental capacity are intact.
- Difficulty articulating words due to disturbance in the central nervous system.
- Cognitive Linguistics
- Develops alternative approaches for increasing performance of daily tasks, including memory and communication.
- Alternative/Augmentative Communication
- Various methods of communication to assist those with impairments of spoken and written language
- Difficulty swallowing foods, liquids, and saliva
To schedule an appointment or learn more about our services, call 814-563-6750.
Location: Rouse Rehab is housed in its own dedicated building, behind the Rouse Home skilled nursing care facility, at 709 Rouse Avenue in Youngsville.