Volunteer at the Rouse
The Rouse Home, our skilled nursing care facility, and Suites, our personal care home, truly appreciate the many kind volunteers who impact the lives of our residents on a daily basis. Because of the important role these volunteers play, the Rouse Home is always looking for more individuals who are willing to donate their time and talents. If you, a loved one, or a friend is looking for a volunteer opportunity, please consider us!
Some areas in which we frequently utilize the service of volunteers include:
- Socializing with residents, reading to them, taking them for walks, helping with small tasks.
- Transporting residents to and from our on-site Beauty Shops & Spas, church services and other activities
- Sharing special talents like music, cooking, gardening and art
- Serving residents and visitors in the Home’s snack bar, the Dogwood Room
- Delivering newspapers and mail
- Help with outings and special events
- Helping serve drinks and fill out meal tickets in the Suites dining room
- Adopt a Grandparent program
- Working at the reception desk
- Helping in laundry and housekeeping