The Rouse Home, our skilled nursing care facility, and Suites, our personal care home, truly appreciate the many kind volunteers who impact the lives of our residents on a daily basis. Because of the important role these volunteers play, the Rouse Home is always looking for more individuals who are willing to donate their time and talents. If you, a loved one, or a friend is looking for a volunteer opportunity, please consider us!
Some areas in which we frequently utilize the service of volunteers include:
- Socializing with residents, reading to them, taking them for walks, helping with small tasks.
- Transporting residents to and from our on-site Beauty Shops & Spas, church services and other activities
- Sharing special talents like music, cooking, gardening and art
- Serving residents and visitors in the Home’s snack bar, the Dogwood Room
- Delivering newspapers and mail
- Help with outings and special events
- Helping serve drinks and fill out meal tickets in the Suites dining room
- Adopt a Grandparent program
- Working at the reception desk
- Helping in laundry and housekeeping